Solar Ovens

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Easy homemade chicken noodle soup

Here's a great recipe to use your canned chicken on. I got this from my brother's mother-in-law Ruth. It's been taken to soup pot lucks & is always the first one gone.

1 tsp parsley
2 quarts water
1 Tbs chopped onion
1 Tbs chopped celery (can substitute a sprinkle of celery salt)
1-2 carrots chopped or grated (I use the ones I freeze from my garden)
4 Knorr extra large bouillon cubes (the brand is important on this. Knorr tastes best)
1 pint canned chicken (or you can cut up chicken & cook it ahead of time)
salt & pepper to taste
liberal amount of garlic salt to taste. This is what really makes it.
noodles (like egg noodles or whatever you like)

Put everything in crock pot & simmer until noodles are tender (about 20 min).
With my canned chicken, I can get this all in the pan in 5 min. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment