Solar Ovens

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Thrive Rice with Sweet Pepper Beef Steak

We just got to try this dinner from Thrive!  What I noticed first, is that you bring the water to a boil, & then pour the food in, over & remove from heat.  It sits for 15 min & then is ready to eat.  This is really handy if you are short on cooking fuel.  You could even do it in a solar oven with a brief period of sunlight.  This gives it an advantage over some of the pasta I have stored that has to boil for 15 min.
My son, I & a friend at this for lunch.  We all agreed that it was quite tasty!  My son took a bite & said "Oh this is good!"  We think it would especially taste good compared to lots of the more bland items we have in our food storage (think plain rice).  It being super easy would be a real blessing in an emergency, & the good flavor would be quite a comfort!
If you're interested in Thrive, click on the link on the right side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment