Solar Ovens

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thrive spaghetti sauce

I have tons of pasta in my food storage; most of which I got free with coupons.  So I was excited to test this pasta sauce by Thrive.  First here's the recipe:  (by Becky Powell)
1 cup FD Thrive Ground beef chunks
4 cups water
1 cup Thrive tomato powder
1/8 cup FD Thrive onions
1/8 cup Thrive mixed red/green peppers
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
Combine all ingredients in sauce pan.  Bring to boil & simmer on low for 20 min.  Eat immediately or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
This was simple & easy.  It tasted great.  Better than a lot of bottled spaghetti sauces I've had.  I was impressed that I couldn't tell the beef was freeze dried, & how small an amount it took of it for a whole lot of sauce.  I've been having issues this morning with storage.  My main thought with this, was how little room some freeze dried beef, tomato powder, & dried onions take up; especially compared to my glass jars of spagetti sauce, jars of canned beef, & bags of winter storage onions.  If it tastes this good & takes up less room, it's definitely worth considering!

1 comment:

  1. may I use this picture for announcement of home party?

    ReplyDelete