Solar Ovens

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Poppy Seed dressing, my favorite!

Not being a big salad fan I almost didn't try this.   I was glad I did, I ate 3 bowls!   You can add apples, parmesan cheese & dried cranberries on top.  I like at least the cheese & cranberries.  I love this dressing & make it a lot in the summer.  And anywhere you take it people will say "wow, that's a good salad!"  Toss the dressing well with the lettuce & toppings.  This does taste better with darker green lettuce, rather than iceberg.  This recipe will fill a quart mason jar.  I usually make half.

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup rice vinegar
2 Tbs mustard
2 Tbs poppy seeds
1 medium red onion
1 pint corn oil


Directions:
Chop onion in very fine small pieces.   I use my food processor and it kind of makes mushy onions but then the pieces are not big.   Add all the ingredients to a blender & run for about 5 minutes on liquify.   If the dressing starts to separate after a while, you can put it back in the blender for more mixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment