Solar Ovens

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Solar Antelope (or beef) meatloaf

This meatloaf is very tasty with ground beef (leaner the better).  But when I made it with antelope & red onions, we LOVED it.  Best meatloaf we've ever had!  I leave some of my antelope frozen rather than canned, just so we can make this.  Last time I tried it in the solar oven (this pic), & it worked great!
One thing that makes this meatloaf so good is the sauce that's cooked with the meatloaf.  I will put the original recipe here, but we usually double the sauce.

2/3 cup bread crumbs (I use crushed crackers)
1/4 cup minced onion (any are good, we prefer red)
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 lb ground meat

Sauce:
3 Tbs brown sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp dry mustard

Mix meatloaf ingredients well, & form into loaf.  Mix sauce & spread on top.  Bake at 350 for 45 min to 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment