Solar Ovens

Thursday, August 9, 2012

no pectin jam


I just tried this recipe.  I loved it!  It has several advantages by not using pectin.  First of all, you could make it if you're out, it's not available, or to save money.  Using raspberries from my yard, jars I already have, the only cost then is the sugar!  Also, you don't have to have a certain amount of fruit to match the pectin.  You could make only 1 cup of jam if you wanted to!  This is a real benefit when using fruit from your yard, especially if you didn't have a way to freeze or save them for days.
I tried it with raspberries & it was delicious!  I've had other people tell me it works with other berries as well.

Directions:


  1. 1
    Use a very large pot.
  2. 2
    When the jam reaches a full rolling boil it will double in volume.
  3. 3
    Heat mashed berries until they reach a full rolling boil.
  4. 4
    Boil 2 minutes.
  5. 5
    Add sugar.
  6. 6
    Stir well.
  7. 7
    Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, boil for 2 minutes.
  8. 8
    Remove from heat.
  9. 9
    Beat with rotary beater for 4 minutes
  10. 10
    Pour in sterilized jars and seal.


Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/raspberry-jam-35192#ixzz20K7ZzK2H

No comments:

Post a Comment